If you play video games, you know the value of a good “cheat code.” They help the player advance to a new level or gain a special power. Other “cheat codes” help the gamer obtain a special tool or weapon you’ll need in the game.
If you’re a Dad of daughters, you may feel as though you need a “cheat code,” inside information to help you move toward an advanced level of understanding in relation to your daughter. You likely desire a “cheat code” that will provide a gateway to a special power to influence your daughter toward maturity. If so, I have just what you’re looking for: “cheat codes” for dads raising daughters.
Previous “cheat codes” discussed included:
- Spending Time With Your Daughter
- Showing Confidence in Your Daughter’s Ability
- Giving Healthy Physical Affection
- Acknowledge and Protect Your Daughter’s Beauty
The Cheat Code: Household Chores.
Value: Household Chores involves helping around the house. When you help around the house you will discover many positive results.
- When men get involved in household chores, they set an example for everyone else in the family. They also portray the kind of man they hope their daughter will marry, a man who models leadership through service.
- Studies have shown that daughters who see their fathers engaged in household chores broaden their perceived career options. Daughters who see their fathers engaged in household chores are more likely to become in involved in careers involving leadership, management, or professional positions.
- One last benefit which has nothing to do with your daughter. Your wife will love you for doing the chores and you’ll discover what it means that “sex begins in the kitchen.” Of course, a stronger marriage will also benefit your daughter.
- Learn 3 other ways that doing household chores will help your daughter in The Top 6 Reasons for Men to Help Around the House.
Instructions: The instructions for Helping Around the House are simple.
- After dinner, help clear the table and wash the dishes (or load the dishwasher).
- Help complete the laundry. Put clothes in the washer. Switch clothes from the washer to the dryer. Fold clothes. Put the clothes away.
- Take out the garbage.
- In the morning, help make your bed.
- Run the vacuum, clean the bathtub, or mop a floor.
- You get the idea. You don’t have to do all of these. You don’t even have to do the same one all the time. However, doing household chores on a regular basis will have a tremendous and positive effect on your daughter. It’s a powerful “cheat code” for dads of daughters.