15 Tips to Keep Love Alive
Valentine’s Day will come and go, but you can keep the spirit of Valentine’s Day alive in your family. How? I’m glad you asked. Here are some “daily ideas” to help you keep the love alive. For more ideas, you can visit “The Honor Bank” on our website, friend us on Facebook, or follow us on Twitter. In the meantime, each of the daily deposits listed here will keep the spirit of Valentine’s Day alive in your family for months to come!
Give each family member a sincere compliment.
- Tell each family member one character trait that you see in them and appreciate. Give an example of how you have seen that trait in action.
- Thank each family member for two things they did for your family this week.
- Tell each family member something they have done that makes you proud of them.
- Write a short note telling your family how much you love them. Hide it somewhere that they will find it during the day.
- Do a chore today that is usually done by another family member.
- Give your spouse and your children a 6-second hug today. In fact, give them two 6-second hugs-one to start the day and one to end the day.
- During dinner (or call a family meeting), tell your family three ways in which they make you happy.
- Give each family member a small gift or card that you know they will like. Maybe they will like a bag of M&M’s, a homemade card, flowers, or a home cooked meal.
- Mail each family member a card. Yes, I said mail. Isn’t it exciting to receive a surprise card or package through the “snail mail?”
- Give up the last bite of ice cream, the best seat, or the last cookie…and let a family member have it instead.
- Tell each family member one thing you respect about them.
- Find a sincere reason to say thank you to your spouse three times today…do the same for each of your children.
- Give each family member a back rub or massage this week.
- Tell your spouse how attractive you find them…be specific about what you find most attractive.
15 simple ideas…Although they sound small, these daily deposits into the Family Bank of Honor keep love alive. If you find that hard to believe, try it out. In fact, I dare you to try out these ideas and others from the Honor Bank. If you do, you will find the spirit of Valentine’s Day alive and well in your family for days to come!