15 Phrase Your Spouse Needs to Hear
In the rush of family life, we often neglect to communicate our love to our spouse. We forget to make those verbal deposits of admiration and affection into our family bank of honor. Sometimes we might even begin to replace verbal deposits of admiration with withdrawals of criticism or complaint. We need to take a moment and think about how we can verbally express our love for our spouse every day. Of course, we need to express our love verbally and nonverbally; but, some phrases of love are worth repeating often. Here is a short list of several phrases I find most important in sharing my love with my spouse.
- I love you.
- If I had to do it all over again, I’d marry you in a heartbeat.
- You are still just as beautiful (handsome) as the day we met.
- You are a great mother (father).
- I respect you and your opinion.
- I love your hugs and kisses.
- I am so lucky to have you as my wife/husband.
- I love spending time with you.
- You are my best friend.
- You make me proud.
- Thank you for….
- I appreciate….
- What can I do for you today?
- You make me so happy.
- Let me do that for you.
What phrases would you add to this list? How have you expressed your love to your spouse today?